(30 Jan 2009)
music on catwalks not cleared for use. replace with your own clearable music
Associated Press Television
Paris, France, 28 January 2009
1. Valentino runway show
2. SOUNDBITE (English) Olga Kurylenko, Actress/Model:
Amazing, it's just really, really beautiful. The dresses are stunning as always. It's very chic.
Paris, France, 28 January 2009
3. Various of Marais district of Paris
4. Set up shot of Amelie Rancon
5. SOUNDBITE (French), Amelie Rancon
"(It's) quite low key and quite simple but a little bit distinguished and refined."
6. Close up of Amelie Rancon's necklace
7. SOUNDBITE (French), Amelie Rancon
"It's my set of clothes, a little top and my dress. They don't come together but I put them together and it makes a nice style, relaxed but the dress has little wings so it is a bit like a little girl, cute."
8. Wide of Amelie Rancon
9. SOUNDBITE (French), Yana Rusakova
"A Parisian look? It's alive, with colours, fun, young and stylish."
10. Wide of Yana Rusakova looking in shop window
11. Wide shot of the Dior boutique on Avenue Montaigne
12. Mid shot of the Dior boutique
13. Close up of the Dior sign
14. Mid shot of a woman walking on Avenue Montaigne
15. Mid shot of a Jimmy Choo shop
16. Close up of Jimmy Choo stilettos
17. Close up of Valerie Poignard "Converse" sneakers
18. Set up shot of Valerie Poignard
19. SOUNDBITE (French), Valerie Poignard
"Sporty, relaxed, that's it, relaxed, cool, Sporty"
20. Close up of Valerie Poignard's little bag
21. Mid shot of a couple walking on avenue Montaigne
22. Mid shot of ladies in fur coats in front of Chanel boutique
23. Close up of a Chanel bag
24. Wide shot of two young girls, Salma Lahlou and Zayna Benchekroun
25. SOUNDBITE (French), Zayna Benchekroun
"Today, this winter, I was very much into boots and short dresses with dark tights because I find it very relaxed and very feminine."
26. Tilt up of Zayna Benchekroun
LEAD IN :
As Paris' fashion elite celebrates the end of the couture shows and prepares to embrace 'pret a porter' week (Jan 30 - Feb 2) , what is classic Parisian style ?
Horizons took to the streets of Paris to find out.
Valentino sent models down the catwalk on Thursday in classic 'French style'.
Neat tailoring, tucked in waists, demure hair. The show had everything you would expect from a famous fashion house in the French capital.
Actress and Model Olga Kurylenko summed the look up perfectly 'It's very chic.'
But do the clothes on the catwalk reflect those on the sidewalk ?
The in the trendy Marais district, fashionista Amelia Rancon thinks French style is very 'low key and simple' but also ' distinguished and refined'.
Yana Rusakova, wearing a classic trench coat, has a different take saying the Parisian look is 'alive with colours, fun, young and stylish'.
The classic French fashion store 'Dior' can be found on Avenue Montaigne, alongside newer fashion brands like Jimmy Choos.
But despite the temptation of Jimmy Choos, Valerie Poignard has rejected the classic chic style in favour of something more comfortable, describing her look 'sporty and relaxed', though she does carry a rather tiny trendy handbag.
But outside Chanel only fur coats will do or the staple of the Paris fashionista's wardrobe ... black co-ordinated with black.
Even Chanel-loving teenagers Zayna and Salma can't get enough black ...co-ordinated with designer shopping bags.
This winter Zayna Benchekroun loves short skirts, opaque tights and boots.
Zayna likes to break up the blackness of her outfit with brown boots, demonstrating that young Parisians are adept at merging classic Paris 'chic' with a street wise attitude.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/8c8069c58be8e96242e3e0804dbf7641
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork