RIFT - ALTAR OF MADNESS FINAL BOSS (HARD)
My Recommended CP: 850,000
In this video, I am going to show you 3 things.
(1) The 4 different BOSS Attacks
(2) How to react to each of them
(3) Common mistakes to avoid
*Disclaimer: This guide is meant for average players. Anybody with decent equipment and teamwork can do it!
1. Clan Buff (Must have!) - Hp, Def, Atk, Crit Dmg, Crit Rate
2. Red Weapon (If you have, preferably lvl 30+12 with lvl 7 attribute or higher)
3. Party Composition: 1 Healer (Def. buff), 1 Tanker (Taunting), 3 DPS
4. Healing Potions: Normal will do
5. Buff Potions (Not necessary, up to you)
6. Buff Scroll (Must have! - Both Courage and Piercing)
7. Rare skills - Missile Bolt and Meteor Storm
After Fighting Through The Mini-Boss And All The Normal Mobs. Regroup at the bridge leading to the Final Boss. Wait for everyone’s Missile Bolt / Meteor Storm if cooldown is less than 30secs. When all ready, activate Buff Scroll of Courage and Buff Scroll of Piercing for Maximum Damage and run in together.
BOSS ATTACK 1: The 3/4 Red Carpet
The Boss will reset it’s position to the centre and launch a 3/4 red carpet 4 times in different directions. It will always start by facing the front of the entrance, then it can go either clockwise or anti-clockwise or sometimes it might troll you, and reserve it’s direction.
What to do?
You need to stay in the 1/4 pie-shape empty carpet at all times. When the Boss change position, your have only 3 secs to move to empty carpet. The Boss can turn to it’s right or left, don’t try to predict. Trust me, he will troll you. Wait for the next red carpet, then move.
- Mobility and Reaction Time is key. Try not to spam your skills that has long casting time. Else the delay in moving away from the red carpet will cost you your life.
- Don’t stand too far away from the Boss during this attack, especially rangers. This is because the surface area of the red carpet gets wider as your stand further away, thus you need to travel more distance to get out of the red carpet. So stand close to the boss.
BOSS ATTACK 2: The 1/4 Red Carpet
This usually happens straight after BOSS ATTACK 1. Whoever aggros the BOSS, the BOSS will launch a 1/4 Red Carpet in the direction of the aggressor. After which, he will swing his weapon and normal attack a few times then 1/4 red carpet again. Usually this period is short-lived.
What to do?
If you are the aggressor, keep on running in circles so that you can dodge the BOSS’s normal attack and red carpet. Once you know that you are out of the red carpet, then skill and attack boss. If you are not the aggressor, stay out of the red carpet and dish out as much as damage as you can.
- Do not stand behind or near the Aggressor as the Aggressor is trying to dodge the Red Carpet and Normal attack. If the Aggressor is running in the clockwise direction, run away in the same clockwise direction, so that you will not end up in the Red Carpet that the Aggressor is trying to dodge.
BOSS ATTACK 3: The Paagrio’s Ember
The Boss will spawn 2 fiery balls on the left and right. These balls will steadily move towards towards the boss standing at the centre. Once it reaches the boss, it will explode and damage everyone.
What to do?
- Kill both balls within 25 secs. Best is everyone to focus on killing 1 ball first, then the other after.
BOSS ATTACK 4: The Nebulite Crystal
A pink Crystal will spawn in any direction and turn the BOSS into a fiery one. Increasing it’s damage, defence, movement and attack speed. Many Orc Shamans will also spawn act as sacrificial pawns. The Boss will run back and forth between the aggressor and the Orc Shaman. That means, the boss will do 1 hit swing on the aggressor and 1 hit swing on the Orc Shaman. There is a limited number of Orc Shamans, so when all dies, the BOSS will keep chasing the aggressor.
What to do?
- Aggressor: Kite the Boss in circles. Best if this role is assigned to a tanker that can taunt the boss.
- Others: Destroy the Crystal as soon as possible
Once the Crystal is destroy, wherever the boss is at, everyone should run back to the centre, and kite the boss back to the centre.
- Not being aware who the aggressor is. If it happens to be you, you will get chop down in 1 or 2 hits easily.
- Not kiting the boss back to the centre. When the boss suddenly switches to “BOSS ATTACK 1: The 3/4 Red Carpet”. Everyone that is off-position will take damage as there is not enough time to dodge.