Dating Skills Podcast Episode 41 - Do Looks Really Matter? What the Research Says with Dr. Gordon Patzer
This episode includes discussion on:
- What is the area of research of lookism and physical attractiveness.
- The surprisingly young age at which we begin to get judged and affected by our physical appearance (literally at day 1).
- The prevalence of judgement on looks stretching across every area of society from politics, law, and careers to dating and relationships.
- Personality and confidence count: How they relate to the impression you make with people.
- How the lives of men and women are impacted differently by their physical attractiveness.
- Growing trend: Women judging men more on physical attractiveness and men working on this part of them increasingly to improve it.
- How a woman's monthly fertility cycle changes what type of men she is attracted to and how important 'looks' are in her decision.
- Important point: The longer you know someone and the more they know about you, the higher your physical attractiveness will appear to them.
- The central importance of facial features to your looks. Breaking it down into lips, nose, dimensions of face, eyes, specific wrinkles, eyes, hair and complexion.
- The role of testosterone for men in forming your facial features - and how boosting it can start changing and improving your facial features within days.
- Some of the upgrades that improve our physical attractiveness: dentistry, plastic surgery, fitness (and pot bellies) and health.
- The impact of age on your attractiveness: Specific areas that change and reduce your attractiveness as you age.
- How what women do (cosmetics, dress, plastic surgery) translates into big consequences in terms of how likely men are to choose her as a mate.
- Plastic surgery paradox: Artificial modification of your appearance through plastic surgery does enhance your attractiveness - but only if people don't know you've done it.
- The growing trend of genital rejuvenation in plastic surgery for women and men - Gordon Patzer's views on it.
- The specific areas you can influence to improve your attractiveness: height, education and status, personality, physical fitness, grooming and fashion.
- Experience and satisfaction: As we become more experienced the importance of our 'looks' bias declines and we get more conscious choice on which women we select and are attracted to.
More about Dating Skills Podcast:
Angel Donovan from DatingSkillsReview.com runs a show dedicated to training you how to take your dating, sex, relationships, social and lifestyle skills to "Mastery".
Learn more about Angel Donovan here: http://www.datingskillsreview.com/angel-donovan/
Discover how to attract beautiful women, create healthy, sustainable (and fun) relationships, experience and give amazing sex to women and develop the lifestyle you've always wanted. Angel and his team take a hardline no bull**** approach to the subject.
Every show is about hard facts, getting to the truth, and practical tips that you can apply to your daily life to get results quickly and easily. It's kept *Real*. No abstract or complex theory. Each episode Angel interviews an expert chosen for the success they've achieved.
Many different perspectives with experts from completely different backgrounds are explored to discover the best-in-class knowledge. Learn skillsets such as approaching women, attracting women, giving women orgasms, building relationships, overcoming approach anxiety, building confidence, day game, seduction, becoming more social and everything that works to help you build an outstanding dating and social lifestyle.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes here: http://www.datingskillsreview.com/itunes
Find out more and browse episodes here: http://www.datingskillspodcast.com